We get it, sometimes plans change, and you may need to cancel a service before it’s begun. No problem, you can do this all within your Rover account.
First things first: know your sitter’s cancellation policy. Depending on the date of the cancellation and your sitter’s policy, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund. You can find out what policy your sitter has in place by visiting their profile page.
Here's how to view your sitter's cancellation policy:
1. Click the Services tab on the sitter’s profile
2. Scroll down to the sitter's calendar.
3. Select a service from the dropdown menu.
4. View that service's cancellation policy under the calendar.
1. Visit your sitter’s profile and scroll down to the Availability section of their account.
2. Under the calendar, you’ll see a list of the sitter’s services and their cancellation policy next to each service.
To review the details of each service type, select the type of service you would like to see and hover your mouse over the cancellation policy for more information:
- A full refund is available if a pet owner cancels before the beginning of the booking.
- If cancelled on or after the beginning of the booking, a 50% refund is available for the first seven cancelled days, and a 100% refund is available for any additional days.
- A full refund is available if a pet owner cancels by 12:00pm the day before the booking begins.
If cancelled later than 12:00pm the day before the booking begins, a 50% refund is available for the first seven cancelled days of the service, and a 100% refund is available for any additional days.
- A full refund is available if a pet owner cancels by 12:00pm three days before the booking begins.
- If cancelled later than 12:00pm three days before the booking begins, they’ll receive a 50% refund for the first seven days of the booking, and a 100% refund is available for any additional days.
- A full refund is available if a pet owner cancels by 12:00pm seven days before the booking begins.
- If cancelled later than 12:00pm one week before the booking begins, they’ll receive a 50% refund for the first seven days of the booking and a 100% refund is available for any additional days.
How to Cancel a Service Before It Begins
- Navigate to your inbox and tap the Upcoming tab. Choose the booking you need to cancel.
- Tap the three-dotted icon in the upper right corner and select Modify booking.
- Tap Cancel booking.
- Select a cancellation reason from the dropdown menu.
- Review the cancellation details and write a message to the sitter explaining why you need to cancel. Tap Cancel booking to finalise your changes.
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the conversation icon.
2. Select the Upcoming Stays tab and then select the request you want to cancel.
3. Once the request is open, locate the grey box that lists your service details. Select Cancel booking.
4. A drop-down form will ask you to give some details about why you’re cancelling. This message goes directly to Rover Support and will not go to your sitter.
5. Select Cancel booking.
If you haven’t told your sitter that you’ll need to cancel a service already, it’s a good idea to communicate that to them now in your request messages.
Once your cancellation has been initiated, you and your sitter will receive confirmation emails from Rover. You can expect your refund (dependent on your sitter’s cancellation policy) to the original form of payment within 5-10 business days.
How to Cancel a Service After It’s Begun
If you need to cancel a service that is currently in progress, please contact Rover Support at +49 (0)30 56838978 Monday to Saturday from 8am - 5pm. You can also chat with us from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday, by clicking on the blue chat window in the Help Centre. Or, submit a help request by navigating to the bottom of any page in the Help Centre and selecting Contact Support.